Easy Chicken Stew
This simple, yet extremely tasteful dish illustrates the wonder of
- 1 lb chicken boneless chicken breast cut into bite-size
- 1 large spanish onion, chopped
- 2 dried Ancho chilles
- 1 t cumin powder
- Pinch of powdered cloves.
- 3 T chopped cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 Choyote squash (zuchini will so) cubed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- olive oil
- Clean and remove the stalks from Ancho. Remove seeds.
- Bring chicken stock to boil. Add the Ancho chiles. Simmer 5 min.
Let it rest.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken.
Saute chicken with garlic in a pot until brown on all sides.
- Puree the Ancho in a blender.
- Add the onion. Saute until onion softens.
- Add the cumin and clove powder. Mix.
- Add the Ancho puree. Also the choyote cubes.
- Add water (or additional stock) to barely cover. Bring to boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with rice.
Comments, suggestions or queries:dkumar at cs dot brynmawr dot edu