Quick Ginger Chicken
An extremely simple, fast, yet delicious saute.
Start cooking the rice and then follow these directions. Dish will be ready
by the time rice is cooked (15-20 min!!). You may add a side salad of cubed
daikon radish sprinkled with lemon juice and salt.
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 finely chopped Jalapeno (optional)
- 2 chicken breast halves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a skillet,
saute the chicken breasts, 3 min or each side, until brown. Remove
and set aside.
- Deglaze: In the same skillet, add scallions and ginger and garlic.
Stir for a few seconds. Add water and sherry and deglaze the pan.
Add the sugar and hoisin sauce. Simmer for a few min. Add the Jalapenos.
- Add chicken to the simmering sauce. Simmer for another 3-4 min.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with white rice.
or queries:dkumar at cs dot brynmawr dot edu