Spanish Style Chicken
- Olive oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 4 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- several drops of Tabasco
- 1 lb chicken breast
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup small pitted green olives
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- In a saucepan, heat some oil and slowly cook the green pepper,
onions, and garlic until the onion is soft but not brown.
- Add broth, tomato sauce, wine, basil, oregano, and Tabasco.
Cook uncovered over medium heat for 30 min or until sauce is
reduced by half. Turn down to a simmer.
- In a skillet brown the chicken pieces lightly, sprinkling
with salt and pepper. Add the pieces to the simmering sauce.
Cover and gently simmer for 30 min or until the chicken is
- Distribute olives over chicken and cook another 5 minutes. Serve
garnished with lemon slices.
or queries:dkumar at cs dot brynmawr dot edu