Quick Stir Fry (Chicken/Pork/Beef)
For those on the run, this recipe takes about as long as it takes
to cook rice (20 min!) to get a decent meal ready. It is a basic
recipe, feel free to improvise!!
- 1/2 lb Boneless Chicken Breasts (or Pork or beef)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 inch knob of ginger, thinly sliced
- 2-3 carrots, sliced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 Jalapeno Chiles, chopped
- 2 T Hoi Sin Sauce
- 1 T Rice Vinegar (or Sherry)
- 2 T Soy Sauce
- Some chopped cilantro for garnish
- olive oil
- Start making the rice.
- When the rice gets going, thinly slice the meat. Set aside.
- Chop the garlic, ginger, carrots, scallions, and Jalapenoes.
- Heat oil in a wok or saute pan. Add garlic, fry for 30 sec.
- Add meat and ginger. Stir fry for 2-3 min until meat is brown.
- Add the Hoi Sin Sauce and stir for 30 sec. Add all the vegetables.
- Stir fry for 2 min more.
- Add rice vinegar and soy sauce. Stir fry for a min or so.
- The dish is ready! So is the rice!!
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with rice.
or queries:dkumar at cs dot brynmawr dot edu